Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A lot of things can happen in a few days...

Just when I declare that I can keep up my gratitude blog, life decides to step in and make its presence known.

My great-aunt Linda died a week ago. She was a good person and was pretty sick with Alzheimer's and dementia. Everyone will miss her greatly, but she is in a better place.

Because of her death, most of my family went up to Idaho for her funeral and we stayed at a cousin's house, which had no wifi. It really didn't bother me; I was glad to be there to support the family. But it also meant no way to write on my blog. The funeral was on Saturday and we stayed for a couple of days.

I guess this leads up to what I'm grateful for today...the plan of salvation. If anything, I've thought about that plan a lot this week, and it's helped me to feel peace. There are a lot of things that I don't know in this life and a lot of things that I don't know how they connect with me. I sometimes wish that I could see what God sees with my path, so I know which turns to take to get to the best end. But that's not how the plan is set up. And it's better that I make some twists and turns on my own in order to become the best that I can be in the end.

And that's what I'm grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment