Friday, April 9, 2010

Grateful for the stars--not the movie stars either

I took a nice long walk this evening, and as the sky kept getting darker, the stars kept getting brighter. No moon tonight, or at least I didn't see it, so it was a little difficult to see the non-sidewalk areas. But the stars were amazing. I found the Big Dipper (the easiest one to find for me), looked for the Little Dipper, and just marveled at how beautiful it all was.

Stars don't make me feel insignificant; they make me feel awe. And I know that someone greater than I had placed them in that order. I always think of Jesus when I look at the stars. I know it may be a bit weird, but that's just how I am. Maybe it's because I like the name "Morning Star." Whatever the case, the Savior often comes to mind. I love the stars because of that connection.

If there's one thing I absolutely need in this world, it's to feel connected to the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment