Friday, August 8, 2014

Review: Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption


Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This book wriggled its way into my top three nonfiction books. It's a captivating story that's hard to put down.
I kept saying to myself, "How can one man have a life like this?" Louie Zamperini had so many awe-inspiring moments.

It's also well written and documented. Laura Hillenbrand has done an excellent job of making Louis Zamperini come alive. Although there were a few moments where she seems to do more storytelling rather than straight facts, Laura has clearly done her research and I trust that she has captured the essence of this incredible experience. I would definitely reread this book!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment