Thursday, August 7, 2014

A New Hobby




Guys, I found a new hobby! It's high dynamic range (HDR) photography. My friend and neighbor introduced me to this type of photography and I fell in love with it almost instantly. Check out his photos at deepbluecave.com, and you'll see what I mean. Also google "HDR photography" with any awesome place in the world and prepare to be amazed.

I created the above photo! I did that! Can you tell that I'm quite pleased with myself? It's a picture taken in Glacier National Park. Of course, with such beautiful scenery, you really can't take a bad photo. I'm just impressed how good this one turned out.

 I'm still learning all the ins and outs of it, but HDR photography is fairly simple. You just need to take three pictures of the same scene or object at different exposures. Then you merge those three photos together using some software (like Photomatix), touch it up a bit in Lightroom, and, voilĂ , magical, beautiful photo. 

Sigh. I love it. So content right now.  




No comments:

Post a Comment