Monday, January 31, 2011

Books, books, and more books

So recently I looked at my bookshelf and came to an astonishing realization: I have started a lot of books but haven't finished many at all.


Yes, this are all the books that I've started and still need to finish. Eight.


And these are the books I want to read. Nine. That's a total of seventeen books. So to encourage myself to actually finish reading books before picking up a new one, I'm going to celebrate every book I finish reading on this blog. Whether that means I'll give a review is debatable. More likely it means that I'll put up a picture, write a few thoughts about it, and choose what book I'll be reading next. (But as it is with me, most likely I'll be reading other books all at the same time. Variety, guys. Variety.)

In any case, the one I'm working on right now is the biography of Thomas S. Monson. I hope to finish in the next couple of weeks, I'm that close.

So happy reading to all of you, and happy reading to me!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, it sounds like you need to get back into goodreads.com :) I'm excited to hear what you think about all these books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having recently finished Pres. Monson's biography myself, I would definitely recommend finishing that one first.

    ReplyDelete