Monday, August 29, 2016

Review: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised to find myself enjoying the story. I found old friends in new circumstances and discover new friends in somewhat old circumstances. Now there were a few "what the?" moments--Voldemort had a child? What? WHAT!--and some cheesy moments (Hermione and Ron, in almost every scene). But overall, so much fun to go back to that magical world and let the world come alive again. Albus and Scorpius. So good. Developing the adult characters. Lovely. It was nice to escape for a little bit. Maybe not the strongest storyline, but I definitely want to see it on stage.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment