Saturday, November 14, 2015

Review: The Graveyard Book

The Graveyard Book The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to this in under a week and absolutely loved it. I even found myself making excuses to listen to it (rather than just listening as I ran). Very well done audible edition. Of course, I am sucker when it comes to listening to British accents, so take that into account.

The story itself is quite clever and I found myself wishing for a sequel at the end of the book. When a cemetery full of ghosts adopt a living baby boy, hilarity and adventure can only ensue. The characters were delightful, the story filled with mystery and danger, and the setting swept my imagination away. Although the book tidied up pretty neatly at the end, I felt there were still a few loose ends that could lead to another book. I found myself wanting to know more about Silas and whatever happened Bod. When I'm thinking about characters after finishing a book, I know it's a good book to recommend to my friends.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment