Thursday, October 2, 2014

Review: Wonder


Wonder
Wonder by R.J. Palacio

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



“If every person in this room made it a rule that wherever you are, whenever you can, you will try to act a little kinder than is necessary—the world really would be a better place. And if you do this, if you act just a little kinder than is necessary, someone else, somewhere, someday, may recognize in you, in every single one of you, the face of God.”
― R.J. Palacio, Wonder

I loved this book! I know this book is for middle grade readers and that if I had actually read it instead of listened to the audiobook, I could have finished it in an afternoon, but it's one of the best books I've read that shows the importance of kindness. The characters seemed real to me, and the plot wasn't complicated, and I think that's the beauty of this book. In its simplicity it shows the vulnerability that we all experience at some point in our lives. It touches on topics such as death, acceptance, sacrifice, loyalty, and love. I highly recommend it.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment