Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Year in Review with Pictures, Part 2

It seems like this year went by so fast. Good thing I had my camera to take a few snapshots here and there. :)

2013 HIGHLIGHTS, CONTINUED

JUNE was the Taylor Swift concert. Oh, Taylor Swift. Her music has helped me move past a few relationships.

Taylor Swift had so many wardrobe changes. This is toward the middle of the concert, I think.

The lighting for this concert was amazing.
I went to the Strawberry Days rodeo with my friend Cara. I do love a good rodeo.

Bucking Broncos is my second favorite event

I love how straight the horse's front legs are.

This horse looks determined.

Hold on, cowboy!

JULY brought a trip to Bear Lake with my parents and other family members.

Who knew Bear Lake had this kind of grass?

Emily and I playing in the water.

Emily and Elora exploring. 

It also meant that I ran a half-marathon. That's 13.1 miles . . . all at once. I will admit that the last two miles were difficult. I wanted to quit at several points. But I knew my parents would be there at the finish line, so I kept going. It felt amazing to cross it and be done.



In SEPTEMBER I went to the SLC Comic Con! It was for work, but I got to dress up as Star Fleet officer and got my first Doctor Who T-shirts. It was geeky and nerdy and absolutely fantastic.

I'm a happy Vulcan. So maybe that makes me a Romulan?

OCTOBER was the Lake Tahoe trip with David to visit Ethan in Carson City, Nevada. The drive was long but, oh, so worth it! I had a blast with the boys and loved taking pictures. Here are some of my favorites.

So much water under a bright sky

The water is so blue

The water changes color from dark blue to emerald green in Emerald Bay

So much water . . .

The island in Emerald Bay
The island in Emerald Bay. It has a building on top that was used for tea parties.

There's probably too much light going on in this picture, but I like how the beams scatter.

The wind blew the entire time we were there, which made the lake choppy. I love the texture of the rocks in this photo.

Another sun photo... this time on the lake.

I love this rocky shoreline.

We went to Virginia City to go on a ghost tour. It's fun little town with a lot of old-timey shops. And plenty of photo opportunities.

Dave and I visited the Catholic church. Its stained-glass windows are beautiful.

The pews had doors to get in and out. Some were left open from a previous church service.

Virginia City looks like a dusty cowboy town.

The V on the mountainside reminded me of the Y in Provo.

Dave and I visited a cemetery before going on the ghost tour. It was pretty run down but had a lot of interesting headstones.

Dead twisted tree in cemetery

Cemetery in the shadows

Dirt and sagebrush and graves

This picture of the Catholic church was taken during the ghost tour

A staircase that's supposedly haunted



In NOVEMBER, my family went up to Rexburg for a funeral. I took a few pictures of the Rexburg temple at dusk.

So pretty at night

I really like the clouds in this one. 


That's it for 2013 highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment