Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Dinner Group Dilemma

The other day as I was pondering about my blog and my inattentiveness to it, a brilliant idea came to me: "We should name our dinner group!" You see, my dinner group is amazing. Twelve individuals  meet together four times a week to share a meal, social, and have a great time. My food budget hasn't been overdrawn since I joined. I get to talk and eat (for some, eating is the most important part) and be entertained that takes up about an hour of my day. It's pretty fantastic.

So the thought of giving a name to the dinner group appealed me. I mean, if I'm going to blog about my everyday life, then I better be creative with something, right? And it got my brain churning.

It could be named Stan's Dinner Group, because Stan was the founder. But he moved to New Mexico quite a few months ago.

Nate's Dinner Group could work too, but Nate shot that one down quicker than you can say no.

I came up with some funny animal names: Hungry Hyenas, Fitful Flamingos, Thirsty Tigers, Wallowing Minnows, and so on.

As I invited other dinner group members for their opinions, it was clear that no one had thought of naming the dinner group before. And that I was probably the only one who really cared. But since I'm writing this blog, I wanted to call the group something. (Maybe it's just me and my tendency to name things: my car is named Gizmo, my iPod Touch is Peregrin Touch, my Macbook Pro is Bernie, and sometimes I call my camara Flashy.  Yeah, it could be just me. I do draw a line though. My work computer is just computer.)

This is what we decided (among the few who cared): TDG

TDG, or The Dinner Group.

Hmm. It's practical. And descriptive.  It works, I suppose. I think I'm going to shorten it to DG though. It's faster to type.


1 comment:

  1. You could always go with the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society ;)

    ReplyDelete