Monday, October 10, 2011

"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

I love Anne of Green Gables.

I started reading this book last year because I watched the movie with some friends. The movie inspired me, and I read to chapter 33 and stopped.

And just last week, I finally finished. There are so many good quotes in this book! Here are a few of my favorites:

"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

"It's so easy to be wicked without knowing it, isn't it?"

"And people laugh at me because I use big words. But if you have big ideas you have to use big words to express them, haven't you?"

"Mrs. Lynde says that sound doctrine in the man and good housekeeping in the woman make an ideal combination for a minister's family."

I could go on, but I think you get the picture. If you haven't read this book, you need to. And if you haven't seen the movie, you need to do that as well. It will change your life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment