Friday, June 5, 2009

Herb Garden

So the other week or so, I went to an Enrichment activity about gardening. And it was totally cool. Being in an singles ward, I don't have much opportunity to do a lot of homemaking stuff, and although I've gardened in the past with my family, I haven't had a chance to garden for myself. So to start us off in the right direction, the teacher had us plant some herbs. From seeds.

I thought for sure they would never grow. Or die.

But to my surprise, not only have the herbs grown, they're thriving! And I'm going have to put them in something other than a little plastic cup. I have cilantro, basil, and red rubin, which I'm not sure what to put that in, but it does have a nice red color.

Maybe I have a green thumb after all. A first for me. But I do have to give credit to my mom who has been watering them from time to time, especially since I'm not home during the day. Thanks, Mom! You're the best!

If I can grow and take care of herbs, then there's hope for a future garden filled with vegetables.

3 comments:

  1. That's cool! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I'd love to have an herb garden. Any starting tips for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really simple to grow herbs. Choose a nice sunny place on the windowsill or outside and depending on what you're growing, water consistently. The seeds will do the rest.

    ReplyDelete